Super Spicy Scramble
I've always been a fan of spicy foods, and this has become even more true since I found out I have Lyme. Detoxing is an extremely important aspect of treatment, and spicy foods are great for this. They stimulate the sweat glands and also help to loosen up mycoplasma in the sinuses. Keep in mind that it can also cause herxing, so cook with caution!
I love starting my morning (or afternoon) with this super spicy scramble recipe. Not only does it give me that jolt I need to get going, I begin the day feeling the effects of the detox and know I'm making progress in my recovery.
Well, if that's not a punch in the tastebuds, maybe
you should be eating ghost pepper instead.
*Dairy products can easily be removed dietary reasons. The effects on the taste are minor, but the consistency will change.
- 3 Eggs
- ½ Jalepeno Pepper, diced
- ¼ Cup Cream*
- ¼ Cup Shredded Mozzarella or Monterey Jack*
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Cayenne
- ½ Tbsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
1. Combine ingredients in ungreased pan
2. Whisk until the consistency is even
3. Put over high heat and keep stirring slowly until cheese melts and eggs congeal
4. I like to throw a fair amount of hot sauce (Frank's Red Hot is safe for my diet: Cayenne, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, essentially). Also, feel free to add the entire Jalepeno. Keep in mind that the hotter it is, the more you will feel a reaction.